Episode 351: Kian Beyzavi on Digital Health: What it is and why it matters
February 12, 2021
Kian Beyzavi, a Venture Partner at Cota Capital, is a seasoned leader in the life sciences. After several years of consulting at McKinsey & Company, a couple of stints as a venture investor and a software entrepreneur, she worked in senior leadership positions at medical device and pharma companies for 10 years.
Her recent consulting work is mainly focused on innovation in life sciences, leveraging digital health, patient engagement, services, devices, and diagnostics. Kian holds a PhD in electrical engineering/applied physics from Princeton University, and she has worked Asia, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East.
Today she provides insight into the digital health industry, what it is, what it offers, where it’s going and how it is changing the interaction between patient, doctor, and health information. Kian can be contacted through LinkedIn.
Key points include:
- 02:02: How people interact with digital health through wearables
- 05:23: Technology to monitor neurodegenerative disease
- 10:19: The various categories of digital health
- 15:06: The main three drivers in digital health
- 22:57: How regulation is changing
- 24:26: Kian’s background
- 33:03: Investing in the digital health industry
Kian Beyzavi on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kian-beyzavi-phd-36b1b5/