Episode 360: Rudra Chatterjee on Business in India
February 23, 2021
Rudra’s family has been growing tea for over 100 years. They have tea estates in Darjeeling and Assam in India, and in Rwanda. They also manufacture handmade carpets and furniture. He is also an adjunct professor in International Management Institute in Calcutta, and writes for several publications on history and business.
Rudra can be reached through his website, RudraChatterjee.com. To find out more about his businesses, go to Luxmi Tea and Obeetee.com.
Key points include:
- 06:51: Top recommended books
- 07:57: Online events with top economists
- 11:45: ESG priorities in business
- 18:16: The elimination of child labor
- 21:49: Running the family business
- 27:17: Examples of consulting recommendations that did not work with personal business experience
- 31:07: The caste system
- 34:42: How the caste system frustrates progress or impedes Rudra as a business person
- 36:59: COVID in India